Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

What are the default properties that page or Assets get when we create?

Level 7

akshaybhujbale_0-1659443309376.png

In the above CRXDE image there are some properties which are auto created like jcr:uuid etc. and some are not ex cq:lastModified. So my question is related to that 

what are the default properties which are auto created and which are by default assigned to page or asset when we create that.

8 Replies

Employee Advisor

Let's talk about page first -

While creating a page are you getting below create page wizard? If yes

DEBAL_DAS_0-1659446267604.png

Please notice here Title is the mandatory field [it marks with asterisk]. To  create a page I have to add title and if I don't use any other properties [don't define any other properties], then cq:lastModified, cq:lastModifiedBy, cq:template, jcr:title, sling:resourceType, jcr:primaryType, jcr:created and jcr:createdBy will be stored/created as shown below -

DEBAL_DAS_1-1659446537142.png

If you define more properties during page creation then more properties get created/stored in CRXDE.

Next based on author's action we will be seeing more properties.

For an asset you will seeing more properties as shown below -

DEBAL_DAS_2-1659447175890.pngDEBAL_DAS_3-1659447198029.pngDEBAL_DAS_4-1659447223138.png

You can easily test all these at your end also.

Level 7

@DEBAL_DAS 

Thanks for information. 

akshaybhujbale_0-1659447874699.png

what is the meaning of auto created true or false?

Employee Advisor

Sorry I am unable to see anything called auto created true or false. Could you please highlight.

Community Advisor

There are not any set of properties defined that will come by default on creation. It depends on the setup you have of AEM. Properties like title will always be there but there could be other properties that would come by default based on the integrations you have with AEM. Even properties could vary based on AEM version as well.

For example if you are using dynamic media integration then your assets will have bunch of properties related to scene7. Also few properties varies based on the type of Asset you are uploading. 

Community Advisor

@akshaybhujbale auto-created properties (such as jcr:primaryType) are not subject to an overlay/override to ensure that the node type currently under /libs is respected.

It may mean that it is created and administered by the system and can only be read (but not changed or deleted).

Community Advisor

Auto Created is a property definition. Snippet from JCR Documentation :
Whether the property will be auto-created when its parent node is created. Only properties with a default value can be auto-created.

Link : https://developer.adobe.com/experience-manager/reference-materials/spec/jcr/1.0/6.7.6_Property_Defin...

For example if you create a node of type sling:Folder, it will have few default properties with values and it will be available in all sling:Folder i.e. primary type, creation date and created. Whereas nt:unstructured node will have only primary type as default property.