Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

WARNING CAMPAIGN COPYTRACKER NULL POINTER EXCEPTION

Level 2

HI TEAM,

I see below Warning in our production servers. We don't have any campaigns configured or using them. 

03.01.2017 20:38:08.386 *WARN* [Thread-10] org.apache.felix.eventadmin Service [com.adobe.cq.mcm.campaign.impl.CopyTrackerImpl,3091, [com.adobe.cq.mcm.campaign.impl.CopyTracker, org.osgi.service.event.EventHandler]] EventAdmin: Exception during event dispatch [org.osgi.service.event.Event [topic=com/day/cq/wcm/core/page] | [com.adobe.cq.mcm.campaign.impl.CopyTracker, org.osgi.service.event.EventHandler] | Bundle(com.day.cq.mcm.cq-mcm-campaign [534])] (java.lang.NullPointerException)

java.lang.NullPointerException: null

at com.adobe.cq.mcm.campaign.impl.CopyTrackerImpl.cleanUp(CopyTrackerImpl.java:49)

at com.adobe.cq.mcm.campaign.impl.CopyTrackerImpl.handleEvent(CopyTrackerImpl.java:80)

at org.apache.felix.eventadmin.impl.handler.EventHandlerProxy.sendEvent(EventHandlerProxy.java:415)

at org.apache.felix.eventadmin.impl.tasks.HandlerTask.runWithoutBlacklistTiming(HandlerTask.java:102)

at org.apache.felix.eventadmin.impl.tasks.SyncDeliverTasks.execute(SyncDeliverTasks.java:104)

at org.apache.felix.eventadmin.impl.tasks.AsyncDeliverTasks$TaskExecuter.run(AsyncDeliverTasks.java:166)

at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

03.01.2017 20:38:08.386 *ERROR* [Thread-1239] com.adobe.cq.wcm.launches.impl.LaunchesEventHandler Exception during process of event {}

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Resource cannot be null

at com.adobe.cq.wcm.launches.utils.LaunchUtils.getLaunchResource(LaunchUtils.java:58)

at com.adobe.cq.wcm.launches.impl.LaunchesEventHandler$PageEventProcessor.call(LaunchesEventHandler.java:297)

at com.adobe.cq.wcm.launches.impl.LaunchesEventHandler$PageEventProcessor.call(LaunchesEventHandler.java:272)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

Any ideas why these logs and what trigger these logs ?

Thanks,

Narendra N

6 Replies

Level 10

Are you seeing any undesired behaviour? 

I don't see any difference in behavior. We are cleaning up our server logs to make sure the logs are updating with the correct messages, so we don't lose them with lot of other errors flowing the logs.

Community Advisor

It looks like; that the page modification is triggering event for launches and campaign flow.

You will need to investigate if your server was ever configured with cloud config for campaign or if it has Launches are configured. May be you are not using it now, but it was configured earlier and is stale now.

If you want to get rid of exceptions for time being, then this is what you can do, go to felix console/bundles and disable following bundles:

For Launches Exception:

For Campaign Exception:

- Runal

Level 2

Thanks for the reply Runal. If I turn off the launches bundle, does it not impact any other workflows ? 

Community Advisor

As long as you are not using launches in your server, you should be good.

Please note keeping it disabled forever is not the permanent solution to your issue, it is just for time being to suppress the exceptions in the logs.

- Runal

Level 2

I expected so. Then I can't stop the launch bundles as we have launchers. I will check with other team mates to see if anyone tried configuring campaigns. I will keep posted on the updates.