Expand my Community achievements bar.

ValueMap - Content node updation - @PostConstruct only on Author

Level 3

Hello,

AEM: 6.2

I have a use case where on inject properties of a component, my sling model executes a @PostConstruct method to configure a state of content by setting a node property value. For example:

@PostConstruct
    protected void setProperty() {
            try {
            ModifiableValueMap map = this.resource.adaptTo(ModifiableValueMap.class);
(*)         map.put("customProperty", "initalStateValue");      
            resource.getResourceResolver().commit();
        } catch (PersistenceException e) {
            LOGGER.error(e);
        }
    }

Now, when i publish a page which uses this AEM component, the anonymous user on the published site gets an error message:

Post-construct method has thrown an exception for model class 

On further analysis: I have found that since "anonymous" user does not have permissions to write on /content nodes, the statement marked above with an (*) sets map object to null.

My Question is: Is there a better implementation pattern to achieve the scenario of configuring the state of content node such that the state of the content can be set through node property only for authors?

2 Replies

Level 7

Hi sud.varun,

this is a duplicate question to "http://help-forums.adobe.com/content/adobeforums/en/experience-manager-forum/adobe-experience-manage..." initiated by you. Since that one had some response please follow up on that one and kindly close this one.

Thanks

Employee

Via runmodes you can have this code only run on your author instance.