Expand my Community achievements bar.

using search function to edit pages

Level 4

A cotent author wants to use the Search function in Touch UI to find all the pages with the word "Premier'.  She then wants to open each page and edit the page.  What is the best way to do this?  When we search for Premier - it brings up a card view of all keyword pages, however all card view pages open in Same window.  it is not the best way to open and close.

Also she asked if she could use the search to extract a list of urls of all the pages that contain the word 'premier' in the text and print it off so she can mark one by one what page she has completed. is this possible ?

7 Replies

Level 10

I used this in Classic UI. I find it works fine.

You can easily search for content in AEM pages. For example - assume we want to search for We Retail.

You can do this here: http://localhost:4502/siteadmin

PIC77.png

Then click on the page to open it. Once opened - you can edit it.

Level 10

Of course - you can perform this use case in Touch UI. If you do not like the CARD VIEW - simply change to the List View - as shown here.

Pic66.png

Level 4

and can this list be pulled off to a paper report at all so she can tick off which ones she has completed?

Level 10

That is a great question. If you are interested in Reports and using Report Builder - i recommend that you sign up for Ask the AEM Community Experts next Tues - where we will cover this very topic:

Scott's Digital Community: April 2018: Ask the AEM Community Expert: Easy Access to Critical Informa...

You will be able to ask question such as this one in detail.

Level 4

im unable to attend this due to work but would love to attend groups in the future. thanks

Level 4

yes but with the classic UI there isnt an option to browse by site.  so you end up with the search function bringing up the keyword that is used in all sites in the sites console.  we only wanted china site.

Level 8

You can customize search panel options by overlaying  /libs/cq/ui/widgets/source/widgets/wcm/SiteAdminSearchPanel.js