Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

User permissions - node to function mapping?

Level 2

New to administrating users/groups.

How do you determine what node relates to specific functionality within AEM Author?
Currently using 6.2

For instance, looking for a way to Add or Remove the ability for an author to "Create" a Project from Tools -> Project.

Is there any documentation that links the corresponding Permissions node to this function?

(ie: with some trial and error & forum research, I was able to determine that if I uncheck/check the Create at node:

libs/cq/core/content/nav/projects - I get my result above.... but what about other functionalities? Any function to permission mapping documentation that anyone is aware of?  Is there some other trick that I am missing that will help me?)

Thank ahead of time.

Jay

2 Replies

Level 10

Permissions are not set through nodes. That is, you never directly interest with nodes to set permissions. See this topic: User Administration and Security

Level 2

What I am referring to is this:
User Administration and Security

https://helpx.adobe.com/experience-manager/6-2/sites/administering/using/security.html#ManagingPermi...

In order to customize permissions (access) to the Authoring environment for a specific group, I was instructed to navigate down the /libs/cq/core/content/nav directory and alter access here (ie: to remove a groups ability to view the Projects section)...

If this IS correct, is there documentation that shows what path's relate to what?

If this is NOT the correct way - then what is?

Thx