Expand my Community achievements bar.

URL Path Issue Between JEE Author and Standalone Publish Instances

Level 2

Hi:

I have a demo I've created in my AEM 6.1 JEE based Author instance which consist of a mock up of a customer website (created using the AEM Site Importer tool), an Adaptive Form based on an XDP and a few supporting pages such as a Forms Portal and Thank You page. The Adaptive Form submits to an AEM Forms Workflow (aka Process Management).

After publishing the pages and moving my /apps/demosite and /etc/designs/demosite resources to the Publish instance via Package Manager, the pages do not render properly on Publish because the image, js and stylesheet resources are not getting picked up.

This is because the JEE based AEM instance includes /lc in it's URL path while the Standalone version does not.

I noticed in the resources created by the Site Importer tool that "/lc" was appended in various locations where paths were used.

(ex <script src="/lc<%= designer.getDesignPath(currentPage) %>/resources/DesktopModules/DNNGo_DNNGallery/Resource/js/jquery.easing.js" type="text/javascript"></script>)

I also noticed that URL's embedded in stylesheets did not get converted properly and I had to manually go in and modify the stylesheets to get the images to display.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get around this? What is the general approach when dealing with this URL difference between the JEE and Standalone instances of AEM?

Thanks

Dale

0 Replies