Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Upgrading from AEM6.0 to AEM6.3

Level 4

Hi Team,

I am getting the below error while upgrading the instance from AEM6.0 to AEM6.3.  Siteadmin , damadmin , useradmin is opening with blank screen.

*ERROR* [sling-default-12-Registered Service.3498] org.apache.sling.commons.scheduler.impl.QuartzScheduler Exception during job execution of org.apache.sling.distribution.packaging.impl.ResourceDistributionPackageCleanup@687c2cbf : Can't create child on a synthetic root

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Can't create child on a synthetic root

at org.apache.sling.resourceresolver.impl.ResourceResolverImpl.create(ResourceResolverImpl.java:1156)

at org.apache.sling.api.resource.ResourceUtil.getOrCreateResourceInternal(ResourceUtil.java:656)

at org.apache.sling.api.resource.ResourceUtil.getOrCreateResource(ResourceUtil.java:593)

at org.apache.sling.api.resource.ResourceUtil.getOrCreateResource(ResourceUtil.java:561)

at org.apache.sling.api.resource.ResourceUtil.getOrCreateResourceInternal(ResourceUtil.java:644)

at org.apache.sling.api.resource.ResourceUtil.getOrCreateResource(ResourceUtil.java:593)

at org.apache.sling.api.resource.ResourceUtil.getOrCreateResource(ResourceUtil.java:561)

at org.apache.sling.api.resource.ResourceUtil.getOrCreateResourceInternal(ResourceUtil.java:644)

at org.apache.sling.distribution.packaging.impl.DistributionPackageUtils.getPackagesRoot(DistributionPackageUtils.java:282)

at org.apache.sling.distribution.packaging.impl.ResourceDistributionPackageBuilder.getPackages(ResourceDistributionPackageBuilder.java:245)

at org.apache.sling.distribution.packaging.impl.ResourceDistributionPackageCleanup.run(ResourceDistributionPackageCleanup.java:61)

at org.apache.sling.commons.scheduler.impl.QuartzJobExecutor.execute(QuartzJobExecutor.java:118)

at org.quartz.core.JobRunShell.run(JobRunShell.java:202)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Thanks in advance

Sumit

11 Replies

Level 4

Hi Sumit,

I got the same exception with you, do you find the solution for this?

Thanks.

Level 10

This is a product bug - this should not be happening - please open a support ticket.

Level 2

Hi all,

i have seen the same exception when there is no proper permission are not to create new node in the specified location. I have added everyone group to root folder. It has solved this exception for me.

Thanks & Regards,

Radhakrishna.

Level 2

Hi Sumit,

We are facing same issue while upgrading 6.1 to 6.3. How did you solve this "Can't create child on a synthetic root" issue. Can you please post the solution here.

Thanks

Indrasena Reddy

Level 4

Hi indrasena reddyc20610255​,@SumitSinghal  Were you able to resolve this issue? Could you please post the solution here.

Thanks,

Anusha

Level 4

Hi ,

Was there a solution to this. I am also facing the same issue.

Level 4

Hi ,

I am also facing the same issue. Is there a solution available ?

Level 10

If you are following the offiical AEM Docs here- -

Upgrading to AEM 6.3

And something breaks - this is an issue for customer support. You need to report this so the ENG team can fix it. It should be working as per the AEM product docs.

Employee

If you have an access to CRXDe -> package manager try to install SP3: AEM 6.3.3.0 Release Notes

In a case when a package manager is not reachable stop AEM, create .../crx-quickstart/install folder, place SP3 zip into it and start AEM. SP3 will be installed while AEM is starting up.

Level 4

installing SP3 solves the issue.