Sign in

Sign in to Community

to gain points, level up, and earn exciting badges like the new
Bedrock Mission!

Learn more

Sign in to view all badges

Upgrade from 6.1 to 6.3 fails

Level 2

I have performed the preupgrade tasks on 6.1 and the preUpgradeHCStatus.properties file returns true.

Then I stopped the 6.1 instance. Moved the 6.3 jar into author and unpacked the jar. Then, I  tried to migrate the repository to the latest oak by running

java -Xmx4096m -jar aem-quickstart-6.3.0.jar -v -x crx2oak -xargs -- --load-profile segment-fds

This command fails indicating that the source and the destination repositories are the same. Why would it fail when I use the recommended way to perform the upgrade from adobe documentation.

2 Replies

Level 8

Starting from version 6.1, AEM does not support CRX2, so a migration to Oak (CRX3) is required if upgrading from an older version.

if you were migrating from CQ5 to AEM 6.1 then you would have to use profile as segment-fds

But you are migrating from 6.1 to 6.3 so in your case

Run this command java -Xmx4096m -jar aem-quickstart-6.3.0.jar -v -x crx2oak -xargs -- --load-profile segment-no-ds

Source RepositoryTarget RepositoryProfileAdditional Flags
crx2 or TarMK with FileDataStoreTarMKsegment-fdsSee Troubleshooting section below
crx2MongoMKmongo-from-crx2  -T mongo-uri=mongo://mongo-host:mongo-port -T mongo-db=mongo-database-name
TarMK or crx2 with S3DataStoreTarMKsegment-custom-dsSee Troubleshooting section below
TarMK with no datastoreTarMKsegment-no-ds
MongoMKMongoMKNo migration is needed

Level 2

It still says "21.02.2018 07:42:46.207 ERROR  c.a.g.c.c.MigrationSpecGenerator: detected error during processing migration specification: The source and the destination is the same repository." with segment-no-ds or segment-fds