Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Unable to find the inline editing options in cq:editConfig for component

Level 1

Hi Everyone,

I am currently using the editable templates with AEM version 6.3. I was creating a banner component using the edit:Config(Inline editiing) feature.

I have created two image fields in the component, such that while in inline editor if I select either of the images I should be able to make changes to the respective image using inline editing i.e. as given in fig. If i select Hero-image then I should be able to edit the Hero-image or else the Tile-image.

1563278_pastedImage_1.png

However, I am not able to see the inline editing options such as crop, move, etc. I feel that there seems to be a css overriding issue.

Currently I have selected the second image to be edited but unable to see the inline editing options rather the second image is overlapping.

Can anyone please let me what could it be and how can I resolve this?

1563279_pastedImage_2.png

Regards,

Bernadine

3 Replies

Level 10

I tested editing an image in a site built using editable Templates. I am able to use inline editing to modify the image. For example - i can crop the image

C44.png

Crop works --

C45.png

Level 1

Thank you for the reply, but currently I am not able to see the options for inline editing on the image. The options that I have encircled below these are not appearing on the selected image. Only the image comes up but not these options as in the above figure. Can you let me know what could be the reasons.

1564491_pastedImage_0.png

Regards,
Bernadine

Level 10

Is your AEM instance an upgrades server? We see strange occurrences sometimes when its an upgrade.