AEM version :6.5.4
Overview : The issue is occurring for the campaign pages.
ex. Language node (en)
resource type : cq/personalization/components/ambitpage
Issue : Unable to edit page or drag/drop component after creating overlay.
1. Create an overlay for below nodes under apps folder.
2. Add tooltip for pagename and title.
Add fieldDescription for the pagename and title nodes.
I also face the same issue, to get around this problem -
1. Created a dialog tab(Basic) with supertype which wanted to be overlay.
2. included tab created in step1 in page dialog e.g.
<basic jcr:primaryType="nt:unstructured" sling:orderBefore="advanced" sling:resourceType="granite/ui/components/coral/foundation/include" path="/mnt/overlay/myproj/components/dl-includes/page/tabs/basic"/>
I meant you have to create a dialog for your page type that is cq/personalization/components/ambitpage
1. Create a component cq/personalization/components/ambitpage as supertype of wcm/foundation/components/basicpage/v1/basicpage
2. Create a basic node of supertype of basic tab e.g. sling:resourceSuperType="wcm/foundation/components/basicpage/v1/basicpage/tabs/basic/items
3. Create a dialog only with basic tab at cq/personalization/components/ambitpage
4. In basic tab use granite include to include path from step2
I've actually also noticed this problem. Any overlay of anything under wcm/foundation/components/basicpage/v1/basicpage or override of the basicpage component causes the editor to break. I suspect it's not just us, because if you look at the way the AEM Core Component Page is built, they've used granite:include nodes in the cq:dialog to get around this issue while customizing the page properties: https://github.com/adobe/aem-core-wcm-components/blob/master/content/src/content/jcr_root/apps/core/...
Unfortunately I never could explain it and it was never a blocking problem for me so I have no good answer for you, just morel support 😅