Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Unable to edit components in AEM 6.3 Classic UI

Level 1

I have enabled “Open in Classic UI” option in AEM 6.3 (disabled by default) by following the instructions here.

(https://helpx.adobe.com/experience-manager/6-3/sites/administering/using/enable-classic-ui-editor.ht...)

But how to enable editing in classic mode?

Thanks,

Paresh

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 7

Hi Paresh,

We were successfully able to edit the component in classic UI in AEM 6.3. The possible reason behind your issue is, you might not define dialog for classic UI. Please do try defining classic UI dialog and then try editing your component in classic UI. You should be able to edit your component.

cq:dialog - dialog for the touch-optimized UI

dialog - dialog for the classic UI

NOTE: A dialog defined for the classic UI will operate on the touch-optimized UI.

On the other hand, a dialog defined for the touch-optimized UI will not operate on the classic UI.

Depending on your instance and author environment you might want to define both types of dialog for your component.

We hope this information helps!

Regards,

TechAspect Solutions

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Administrator

I can reproduce the behavior mentioned here. I have further asked the internal team to get back to me on this.

Kautuk Sahni

Correct answer by
Level 7

Hi Paresh,

We were successfully able to edit the component in classic UI in AEM 6.3. The possible reason behind your issue is, you might not define dialog for classic UI. Please do try defining classic UI dialog and then try editing your component in classic UI. You should be able to edit your component.

cq:dialog - dialog for the touch-optimized UI

dialog - dialog for the classic UI

NOTE: A dialog defined for the classic UI will operate on the touch-optimized UI.

On the other hand, a dialog defined for the touch-optimized UI will not operate on the classic UI.

Depending on your instance and author environment you might want to define both types of dialog for your component.

We hope this information helps!

Regards,

TechAspect Solutions

Administrator

Adding to Techaspect

This is AsDesigned behavior because WeRetail isn't supported on Classic UI by design.

You will be unable to edit WeRetail site whereas sites made from the static template are editable as mentioned by Techaspect that WeRetail  do not define dialog for classic UI.  A dialog defined for the classic UI will operate on the touch-optimized UI wheras a dialog defined for the touch-optimized UI will not operate on the classic UI.

Kautuk Sahni