Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Trying to setup a workflow to intercept page deactivations

Level 3

Hello

I am trying to set up a workflow which will intercept page deactivations from the root level and down 2 levels only. This will allow the administrator to decide if the the deactivation is authorised

I am trying to use a launcher, but I am having trouble setting it up. I am using an Event Type of modified and Node Type of page, but this seems to be picking up new page creations as well. I assume I need to include something in the Condition and Exclude fields? Or do I need to start writing ECMA scripts?

Also does the path field in the launcher setup except regex ?

We are using CQ5.3

Thanks

3 Replies

Level 10

IIRC page deactivation goes through workflow & the workflow is configurable in felix console. So either modify the default workflow OR call the custom workflow in felix console. 

Level 3

Any ideas where I can find out?

None of the Adobe workflow documentation I have looked at gives this information

Level 10

I am sorry it is from 5.5 which goes through WcmWorkflowServiceImpl on the topic com/day/cq/wcm/workflow/req/for/activation.   Please ignore my suggestion.