Expand my Community achievements bar.

Trigger "schedule_activation“ workflow programatically

Level 2

Hi all,

I have a use case for that i need to develop a workflow, the use case is content author X create/update the content and the approver Y approves it and selects the date and time on which the page needs to be activated from the dialog.

Can i create a Dialog Participant step  for the approver Y and trigger "schedule_activation“ out of the box workflow on click of dialog's OK button.

if yes, how to pass the time selected by the approver Y to "schedule_activation“ workflow.

If no, can you suggest me on how to implement this use case.

Thanks,

Pavan Kumar.

2 Replies

Level 10

You cannot pass input parameters to an AEM workflow. However, one option is to write to a JCR node property and  then have the workflow read that node prop, 

Level 2

Thanks for your reply.

"schedule_activation“ is out of the box work flow, which expects date and time as input at which the content needs to be activated.

How can i find out which JCR node property i need to write, so that the workflow "schedule_activation“ reads that node property.

And also can you let me know how to trigger the "schedule_activation“ workflow to start, once the user fills the required field in Dialog participant step's dialog and clicks OK.