Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Touch UI RTE removing data attributes

Level 2

Hi,

I have extended the link plugin for the RTE that adds some data attributes to the link.

The problem is that when opening the inline editor, everything loads ok, but when opening with a in-dialog RTE it strips all data attributes from the links.

I have:

Disabled link checking just in case even though this is not an href probelm

Override the xssconfig to allow for the specific data attributes

Debug the RTE but can't find where the value gets stripped. the "change" event when clicking the ok button returns the proper markup. Markup is properly loaded in HTL, but when reopening, attributes are stripped when loaded into the text editor of the RTE.

Any ideas?

11 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi,

Could you please share the RTE package?

Regards,
Himanshu

Community Advisor

Hi,

Could you please check similar thread where link plugin is extended to add 'rel' attribute

Experiencing Adobe Experience Manager - Day CQ: AEM 62 - Touch UI Extend Rich Text Link Dialog, Add ...

You can check /libs/clientlibs/granite/richtext/core/js/HtmlSerializer.js file for debugging, to see where value is getting stripped.

Arun Patidar

Level 2

I checked the serializer and its returning the HTML Ok. Attached screenshot of an example link after serialize function ended.

I also checked the data on JCR and looks like its being saved properly, which led me to believe this is an HTL context problem. I have it set to 'html'. Setting it to unsafe does render the data attributes fine. Where do I include the rules to allow these data attributes in the html context?

serialize function end.PNG

Level 2

I did the changes but didn't do the trick. context='html' is still stripping the data attributes from the markup. I tried with context='unsafe' and that helped getting the markup render properly now.

The inplace editor of my text component (RTE) is able to read all this data properly and loads the plugin dialog properly with the data. However, when using the dialog richtexteditor, it keeps stripping away the data attributes (when loading). It saves the attributes fine, but on next load, it will remove them.

Attached are:

Text component

clientlib with link dialog extended

xssconfig file stored at:

- /apps/sling/xss/config.xml

- /apps/cq/xssprotection/config.xml

After making changes to these xssconfig files I made sure to restart my instance every time.

Thanks

f.-

Note: there are 2 widgets in the rte override clientlib, just the links is relevant.

Level 2

So, for anyone who has the same issue, the RTE editor strips the data attributes because the xssFiltering is enabled at dialog level. I used the xssDisableFiltering in my text node of my dialog and that did the trick.

Community Advisor

Thanks for sharing. Could you please tell what value you added for xssDisableFiltering in property. Screenshots will be helpful.

Arun Patidar

Level 2

Sure.

So steps I took to solve this issue:

1. Override libs/cq/xssprotection/config.xml to include my data attributes: This will allow context html to render them.

2. To avoid RTE editor to strip them, I have disabled xss filtering for both dialog and inplace editor by adding the property to the text node and the config node of the cq:inplaceEditing node using the disableXSSFiltering property of the RTE.

Images attached:

1574136_pastedImage_2.png

1574135_pastedImage_1.png

Now, my plugin and my markup both have the data attributes from my custom plugin.

Level 1

same implementation we required with AEM content fragment RTE. Which node, I can update disableXSSFiltering property.

@notyourcat @arunpatidar @Himanshu_Singhal