Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Touch UI Parsys (Drag Components here) section overlaying on existing components and existing component Editbar disappears

Level 2

Hi Guys,

This has been some frustrating issue I am facing. We are using AEM 6.2. I have simple parsys include on one of the template files.

<div data-sly-resource ="${'par' @resourceType='wcm/foundation/components/parsys'}"></div>

When I add first component onto the parsys component, component displays however here is the issue.

-> Parsys (Drag components here) section is supposed to move down below the newly added component but it's not doing that and overlapping or overlaying on the existing component in the background.

-> Newly added component has it's own dialog (cq:Dialog) and I tested this component on other pages (geometrrix) it works fine and I can edit by double clicking the area or from editbar. But in this new template, either blue border or edit bar is not appearing. I searched the source code - only different I find is style on "cq-overlay" class, AEM sets these Div tags with these classes and assigns styles like (top:xx, height:xx, etc). For this component, it's always zero and when I try to manipulate the source (from view source of browser console) and I can see the component edit bar, etc.

I know this is purely some styling issue but I couldn't understand why and what causes this issue. I am starting a project from scratch and just included bootstrap css client library. I kind of searched in the css file if there are any styles conflicting CQ Authoring mode but I don't find anything useful.

Please let me know if you have seen this kind of behavior before and what causes this issue. This is kind of blocking authoring experience and can't even move forward. 

3 Replies

Level 1

I am also facing the same issue and stuck on it for over a week now. Were you able to find any solution? Thanks in advance!

Employee

If it's reproducible on a Geometrixx site, Open a daycare case with Adobe along with steps to replicate and we can help you with a solution.

Level 1

Hi,

We also faced the same issue in aem 6.2.And we installed the aem-service-pkg-6.2.SP1.zip and cq-6.2.0-hotfix-12785-7.0.zip then the issue is resolved.