Expand my Community achievements bar.

Touch ui is not supporting more than 1 inner nested multifield unlike classic

Level 3

Can someone help on this scenario .....as classic supports 2-3 inner nested multi fields and the authoring experience is also good whereas touch ui does not(if it supports till 2-3 levels atleast it is helpful) , If 2nd level nested multi field is added dialog breaks and also json at the backend does not store properly....Please help if anyone has faced similar scenario and succeeded in resolving ....Thanks in advance...

5 Replies

Employee

Hi Sai,

Which AEM version you are using ? And the component is created using which version of CoralUi?

Regards,

Anubha

Former Community Member

Hi,

Please take a look at below articles. The aim of below articles is to create nested multi-field in AEM touch UI.

http://www.aemcq5tutorials.com/tutorials/create-touch-ui-nested-multifield-dialog-aem/

Experiencing Adobe Experience Manager - Day CQ: AEM 63 - Touch UI Nested ( Multi-Multi ) Coral 2 Com...

Using Sling Models With Nested Composite Mulitifields in AEM 6.3+ | Perficient Digital

I hope it helps! If you still see any issue even after following any of the above articles, please let me know. I'll be more than happy to help you.

Regards,

Lavanya Malyala

Level 3

Hi Lavanya,

Thanks for the response ,

I have looked into above articles earlier but once we have 2nd inner nested multifield(only one outer and one inner works), at the dialog level and even at the backend

its not storing as child nodes in case we need to store them as nodes

I  tried reference of below article as I need the data to be stored as json at backend

Experiencing Adobe Experience Manager - Day CQ: AEM 62 - Touch UI Nested ( Multi-Multi ) Composite M...

Creation of one outer multifield and one inner multifield is fine , if I have one more nested inner

multifield backend the json storage is improper and at dialog level it's not storing and also additional items adds up

If you give a try on this scenario with data storage as json at back end please let me know.

Thanks,

Sai

Employee

Hi Sai,

It seems this issue is already been fixed in - AEM 6.3.3.0 via NPR-24177 [1] . The issue reported was  - values are stored directly under the component node rather than being stored at the multifield item level.

Also another approach can be to please switch to Coral3 implementation [2].

In case you still face issue , I would request you to please open a ticket with daycare support so that it can be looked upon.

[1]

AEM 6.3.3.0 Release Notes

[2]

Migration Guide to CoralUI 3-based — Granite UI 1.0 documentation