Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Title tag for SEO that is different from the page title

Level 1

Hi there,

I have searched the web but not found anything. I currently have three pages that have basically the same title, which isn't helpful for search engine results. Now I am not allowed to change the title/heading of the page, which is why I just want to change the title tag / meta title for my SERP. It's easy to do in WordPress, but I'm kind of lost when it comes to AEM. Right now the title is only inserted in the mandatory field "title" and there are no "title page" or "navigation title". Would I have to change the "title" to the meta title I'd like to use and put the current title as "title page" and "navigation title"? Or would adding a page title under "Settings > Social" do the trick? That title at least doesn't change the actual page title.

I would really appreciate your help. Thank you very much in advance!

Mae

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 1

Hi @user08742 

I would suggest create a custom mandatory page property (meta title) and use it,

<meta property="og:title" content="${properties.metaTitle}"/>

Hope this helps !!

Thanks

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi,

You can create separate field in page properties to overwrite meta title and once that field is populated instead of using jcr:title, we can use new field value.

Level 1

Hi,

add below tag in your code :

<meta name="title" content="The SEO title you needed">

Correct answer by
Level 1

Hi @user08742 

I would suggest create a custom mandatory page property (meta title) and use it,

<meta property="og:title" content="${properties.metaTitle}"/>

Hope this helps !!

Thanks