Expand my Community achievements bar.

Timeline preview broken, crawls through every page in repository

Level 2

Hello,

We recently migrated from classic to touch and have run into an issue using the timeline preview functionality. I started a new 6.3 instance and confirmed this behavior happens there as well -

1. Go to /sites.html and select the we-retail/us page

2. Open timeline and create one version (I labeled it "1", probably doesn't matter)

3. Select the created version and hit "preview". In the log a lot of work happens on sub pages of we-retail/us, i don't know why it's doing anything with those...

*INFO* [0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1 [1555701038104] GET /mnt/overlay/wcm/core/content/sites/versionhistory.html HTTP/1.1] com.day.cq.wcm.commons.ReferenceSearch Adjusted property /content/versionhistory/admin/we-retail/us/en/user/checkout/order/jcr:content/root/responsivegrid/formcontainer/redirect.

4. Close the preview page that opened, go back to sites.html and refresh the page. Select the we-retail/us page, open timeline, and hit preview on that same version. Here is the problem, now in the log you'll see it spit out something like the following for every single sub page under we-retail/us:

*INFO* [0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1 [1555701163692] GET /mnt/overlay/wcm/core/content/sites/versionhistory.html HTTP/1.1] com.day.cq.wcm.core.impl.PageManagerImpl Created new version 1.0 for /content/versionhistory/admin/we-retail/us/en/community/groups/hiking/groups/desert-hiking/files

It's not actually creating versions here so i don't know where this is coming from. It will happen every time you try to click preview on any page now, always attempting to create version "1.0" for sub pages. So the more page/sub-pages you try to preview the more nodes it will run through with this message every time.

This isn't a huge deal for the example content because there aren't that many nodes. However, we have thousands of pages so attempting to open a page in preview causes aem to iterate over every node and spit this message in the log - essentially never loading the previewed page.

Any ideas why this is happening or if there is a fix?

Thanks

0 Replies