Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Template for parent component

Level 2

If i am having a url like localhost:4502/content/samplesite/Home-page/common-page1.html  where common-page1 is child component, samplesite is parent component. How can i create template for the parent component?

5 Replies

Level 2

What product are you using, so that a forum moderator can move your question to the appropriate forum?

Level 10

Hi Prasanth,

First thing, those are not components at all. common-page1 is only page and samplesite is the website.

Also, if you want to learn Sling Resource Resolution, see this http://www.aemcq5tutorials.com/tutorials/sling-resource-resolution-aem/

Thanks,

Ratna Kumar.

Level 10

Also - for AEM 6.4 - you should be building pages based on editable templates. See this article for more information:

Adobe Experience Manager Help | Creating an Adobe Experience Manager 6.4 website using Editable Temp...

As Ratna states - common-page1 is a page, not a component. Go through that article and you will learn about editable templates, pages, and components that populate pages.