Expand my Community achievements bar.

Sync versions between the 2 AEM instances

Level 6

Hi Team,

We are using AEM 5.6.1 , we are syncing the data from authoring instance to backup node using the VLT RCP command.  

I know so many ways to do back ups (all are failed in our case because its a very large content) , We saw so many AEM instance crashes not able to bring it up back AEM instances. 

Decided to syn the content by VLT RCP which is working fine , Now the problem with VLT its not copying the versions from one system to onother backup system . Is there any to sync the versions between the 2 AEM instances.

Please suggest , its urgent.

Thanks In Advance :) :) 

3 Replies

Level 10

I have alos asked a few support ppl to look at this... 

Employee

The KB “Exporting the Version History” [1] is out of date. Content Zipper feature is not part of CQ 5.6.1.
There is not available option to export/import version history. You can inherited version history when you are performing upgrade from a previous version of CQ. 

If you have to keep a version history in between the same version, your only option is to clone the instance.
It’s fully supported to migrate the content without version history. Your destination CQ instance will keep the most current versions of your application pages. It will then allow an author to create version in requires.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Regards, Varun

[1] http://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/cq/5-6-1/core/deploying/upgrading.html#Exporting the Version History

Level 6

Thanks for the reply smacdonald and vmehrotr , we tried all options like clustering it didn't worked as expected,backup of AWS boxes needs downtime and once we shutdown the CQ5.61. service we are not able to bring it back etc lot of tension .  Right now started using the vault to backup the content everyday by using this no downtime and no load on primary node , running this vault in temporary node.  

Started analyzing the AEM 6.2 version but I am looking for sync up the content along with the history that helps us a lot.

Thanks

Uma