Switching from Coral UI3 to Coral UI2 in RTE

dineshc12261746

dineshc12261746

dineshc12261746

02-04-2018

The documentaion below mentions here that, we can switch rte from coralui3 to coralui2 . , However it is suggesting do the changes in libs

Rich Text Editor

As changing anything in /libs might create issues when installing hotfix to SP's . Is there any other way to achieve it ?

Replies

dkumar_gobi

dkumar_gobi

dkumar_gobi

27-04-2018

Thanks, Will raise Adobe Ticket .Below are the RTE issues faced in CoralUi3 6.3.2.0 release without any custom plugins.

RTE in Multifield & Multiple RTE in single dialog tab.

1) RTE toolbar visually blocks data.Very difficult for authors to select the data

2) Link plugin-Path browser doesn't have path lookup , forcing authors to manually type link path

vijayanandvinju

vijayanandvinju

vijayanandvinju

08-11-2018

I am facing an issue with coral3 RTE, after installing 6.3.3. service pack. I have custom style tags added into RTE styles plugin, and the list is quite long. When I open RTE styles dropdown (in either full screen or original view), the UI flickers the vertical scroll bar infinitely and does not let content authors select the dropdown value. This is blocking the content authoring. Do we know this as known issue and have a resolution for this?

Arun_Patidar

MVP

Total Posts

Correct Reply

Arun_Patidar

MVP

Total Posts

Correct Reply

Arun_Patidar
MVP

08-11-2018

If anyone facing problem of switching RTE focus when click on toolbar (plugins), below JS can be added as authoring or extraClientLibs

as workaround.

(function($, $document) {

"use strict";

$document.on("dialog-ready", function(e) {

$("coral-dialog .coral-Dialog-wrapper .coral-Dialog-content .coral-Panel").each(function() {

var rteItems = $(this).find(".richtext-container");

var rteTextItems = $(this).find(".richtext-container>div.coral-RichText-editable.coral-Textfield");

if (rteItems.length > 1) {

setTimeout(checkRTE, 100);

function checkRTE() {

rteTextItems.attr("contenteditable", "false");

rteTextItems.on('click', function() {

$(this).attr("contenteditable", "true");

rteTextItems.not(this).attr("contenteditable", "false");

$(this).focus();

});

}

}

});

});

})($, $(document));

prabhath_tavva

prabhath_tavva

prabhath_tavva

28-11-2018

vijayanandvinju​ -- I am using AEM 6.3.3.1 (SP3 with CFP1) and am facing the same issue. Did you find any fix or workaround ?

smacdonald2008​, kautuksahni aneeta45259594 -- Can you help with this ?

vijayanandvinju

vijayanandvinju

vijayanandvinju

28-11-2018

I raised a daycare ticket - and the Adobe team acknowledged the issue. This is going to be fixed in the CFP2 estimated to be available in January 2019 release.

Workaround - flickering does not happen on full screen mode of the authoring dialog.