Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session

subscribers list in AEM

Level 2

Hi All,

My requirement is to create a subscription form in website where user will subscrobe to a particular page updates. On form submission, I would like to store subsciber's email ID and the Pages List that he subscribed to. So Whenever there is an update to the page, we will send an email to subscribers.

We are planning to create custom subscription service in AEM. On click of subscription we will create a node with unique page path(/ replaced with _) and maintain the subscription list in that node.

Whenever page is published, we can trigger email notification.

Is this the right approach? Is there any other better way to implement it.

2 Replies

Level 9

Hi Sandeep,

In such cases, Content modeling is very important. so you have think through your use cases. Just want to share the thoughts here.

Will the third party also use you subscribed data or not?. when you create a data node in JCR, which path would you used to store user email & subscribes paths chosen by the user.

Another thing is let's say if you have stored the data based on some unique id and maintain user email or subscribed paths etc. Now if A path is updated and A path is subscribed by 100 users, how would you know if A path is subscribed by 100 users?. 

sandeepk13100282 wrote...

Hi All,

My requirement is to create a subscription form in website where user will subscrobe to a particular page updates. On form submission, I would like to store subsciber's email ID and the Pages List that he subscribed to. So Whenever there is an update to the page, we will send an email to subscribers.

We are planning to create custom subscription service in AEM. On click of subscription we will create a node with unique page path(/ replaced with _) and maintain the subscription list in that node.

Whenever page is published, we can trigger email notification.

Is this the right approach? Is there any other better way to implement it.

Administrator

Did you try community experts suggestion?

~kautuk

Kautuk Sahni