Spell-checker is not working for RTE plugin in CQ5.6 version(for en_gb locale)

Avatar

Avatar

Amitdeol

Avatar

Amitdeol

Amitdeol

15-10-2015

It is only working for en_us but it is not working for other language like en_gb.

Steps that I had tried to solve the problem:

1. Added custom servlet SpellCheckServlet.java to my code.

2. Added spellcheck plugin in RTE.

3. Added “spellcheckerUrl” property to spellcheck plugin in the rte of my custom component with custom servlet path as its value.

                E.g.: “/bin/en_gb/spellcheck”

[Reference: http://dev.day.com/docs/en/cq/5-4/widgets-api/index.html?class=CQ.form.rte.plugins.SpellCheckerPlugi...]

 

4. I am not able to call my custom servlet.

Every time default spellchecker servlet of Cq5 is called (e.g. "/libs/cq/ui/rte/spellcheck").

Question 1: How can i bypass this default OOB servlet call and call my servlet?

Question 2: Any other solution to fix this issue?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Avatar

Avatar

smacdonald2008

Total Posts

12.7K

Likes

1.4K

Correct Answer

2.3K

Avatar

smacdonald2008

Total Posts

12.7K

Likes

1.4K

Correct Answer

2.3K
smacdonald2008

15-10-2015

For the Spell checker issue - it sounds like a bug (if its working for en_us)- i recommend opening a ticket here:
 

http://helpx.adobe.com/marketing-cloud/experience-manager.html

For your issue with a custom servlet - how are you trying to call it? Are you trying to call it from JSP code? If you are calling it from JSP - you can use an AJAX request. 

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Avatar

Avatar

mentex

Avatar

mentex

mentex

15-10-2015

we had similar issues with the spellcheck service.
i don't know how to call your own servlet, but maybe this will help:

after decompiling the default servlet, i figured out, that you cnn pass the parameter "language" to the service.
Unfortunately, this doesn't work out of the box.
You have to modify the SpellCheckerPlugin and add the language parameter before calling the service.
Checkout the "checkText" function and add the language parameter to the "param" variable in

/libs/cq/ui/widgets/source/widgets/form/rte/impl/plugins/SpellCheckerPlugin.js