Expand my Community achievements bar.

SPA Editor

Level 5

I've read a few of the documents on SPA editor and it seems the main functionality it provides is to link Angular / Reach components to the JSON data model exposed by AEM components. The SPA frameworks (angular / react) can later use this data in its html template to display dynamic info.

Does it also provide other features like ability to drag and drop components into pages or to design the page layout like you can using a regular AEM page? i.e. author driven creation of SPA pages?

2 Replies

Level 5

Thanks. In Chapter 2 it talks about being able to add more text components as required on the AEM Page - I guess this addition will also get reflected in the angular view?

Any idea how that works? For adding an angular component into another, you have to add the selector tag for the child component into the parent one.

What happens when you add AEM components into a page, does it somehow add the corresponding angular selector to the parent angular component? If so, are the angular component markup generated on the fly depending on the AEM page structure?