Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Sling rendering fails after a few builds

Level 2

I am a developer and I have a local instance I use for building and testing. My system is using the Java 11 JDK. After some number of builds, I haven't counted but the instance is fine for a bit then fails. The builds are successful and deploy fine. The issue I'm running into is that something happens where the pages I have created no longer render. In fact, neither do the WE Retail pages. The response to the request to the page is an empty document. The only way I have been able to fix it is by deleting the entire crx-quickstart tree then rebuilding the instance. This is time consuming and painful. I loose all of my configurations and changes that aren't backed up in a package, those that are, require me to then load the package after the instance has rebuilt. I have tried compacting the indexes and forcing them to rebuild but that doesn't work.

Has anyone else had a similar issue and if you were able to fix it, how did you do so?

12 Replies