Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Sling Distribution

Level 3

Can we use sling distribution to sync content in /content/usergenerated folder across two publishers?

3 Replies

Level 10

I suggest reading this detailed doc set on this subject -- Apache Sling :: Content Distribution

It states: "The term "distribution" here means the ability of picking one or more resources on a certain Sling instance in order to copy and persist them onto another Sling instance. "

Level 10

You can use sling distribution for content sync across publishers.

but also take a look at ASRP which does not need sync

https://helpx.adobe.com/in/experience-manager/6-3/communities/using/asrp.html

Employee

While Apache Sling :: Content Distribution (org.apache.sling.distribution) can be used for syncing other types of content, as far as I know Sling Content Distribution(SCD) is for user sync only in AEM.

If you wanted to sync other types of content, then you would have to extend SCD and implement it yourself.

For UGC Adobe moved away from trying to replicate content(i.e. copy) across instances, instead a common store approach is now recommended, which is implemented in Communities. (SRP - Community Content Storage ). If you are not using communities then I suggest to consider implementing the same pattern.

Regards,

Opkar