Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Sling content data stuck in author

Level 6

Hi Team,

Using SCD for user data which is registering on live sites. We have 2 publishers and sync data is working .  But if we see crx/package manager , we can able to see 40000 packages under sling folder in package manager console. 

As per my knowledge , if data got synced it needs to remove from author as well. Not sure, how to proceed further.

2 weeks ago i saw some 32k nodes and deleted from /var/sling/jobs and again we got the same issue, Please advice if we need to configure any scheduler to delete for some specific time

7 Replies

Level 6

Hi Smacdonald,

As per my understanding if pub1 needs to sync with pub 2 data , then it will be created as package and will be moved to author and then from author it will moved to another pubisher.

Like that sling folder in crx/package manager contains 40k packages and even package manager console is not openning due to heavy data .

But if i add user in pub1 it is getting automatically synced with pub 2 without issue. Not sure then why this sling data is present (it should automatically delete from author if sync activity completes)

Employee

Seems your user sync is not working? Ideally these packages should get deleted. 

What version of AEM? What Hotfixes you have installed? Do you have FP5 of communities?

https://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/aem/6-1/deploy/communities.html

Also, please install SP2 if on AEM 6.1 version.

For now, i suggest 

Clean /var/eventing/jobs to tmp (delete recursively if needed)

Clean /var/eventing/distribution to tmp (delete recursively if needed)

Clean /var/sling/distribution/packages to temp (delete recursively if needed)

Clean /etc/packages/sling/distribution to tmp (delete recursively if needed)

Clean /var/community/distribution to tmp (delete recursively if needed)

Restart event support bundle and distribution core bundle 

If issue persists, please file a daycare for more investigation.

Level 6
        Hi I have performed same steps 2 weeks ago and again we got packages got pilled up. No worries Will try one more time and get in touch if any issues occurred again.

Level 6

Hi Smacdonald,

Is there any Hotfix for this issue?

Community Advisor

Hi Gokul2011,

Package gets auto deleted from author.

In case, it is not getting Deleted from /var/* folders then it may be it is not getting synced across publishers.

Only, the above scenario is the option due to which folders under /var/* are not getting deleted.

Please try to debug the cause of data sync.

Regards,

Varun Rawat