Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Sharing videos on social networking sites

Level 1

Hi,

I am working on a functionality in AEM sites where I need to provide user a feature to share videos from aem site to social networking sites like facebook, twitter. I am able to do this. Now user can share a video from AEM site to Facebook. But when they login to there facebook account and try to play the shared video they will redirect back to AEM site. The critical requirement here is that the video should play in facebook itself.

Per my understand, for a video to be played in facebook itself, it should be uploaded to facebook. If this is correct then I need a way to upload video from AEM site to facebook as soon as user shares it.

I googled around and found no way to upload a video to facebook from AEM however I got some ways in PHP but we can't integrate PHP in our AEM site now. In JAVA though there are some API to upload video to facebook but they are thired party neither of facebook nor of AEM.

I anyone out there know "how can we upload a video from AEM site to facebook and twitter" please provide the insight.

Your help is highly appreciated!!

Thank You

Rahul Nirale

2 Replies

Level 1

hi smacdonald,

thank you for your reply, but I need to provide the share functionality to the end user, not for the author.

if end user on clicking share button the video from the Aem need to be shared on facebook and twitter sites,

I am using facebook open graph meta tags for sharing, I was able to share the video but on Facebook, after sharing if the user clicks on the shared video it is playing in the new tab instead of playing in facebook. my requirement is video need to be shared by the ender user on clicking the share button and the video has to be played on facebook instead of redirecting to aem.

For twitter, I was able to share the video on twitter and video is also playing on the twitter site, to achieve this I have used twitter player card(meta tags) but on one page I have more than one video I can generate meta tags for only one video to share, how can i share video if I have more than one video. I have tried to change meta tags through jquery but there is no use of that because on sharing the page url

twitter is trying to read meta tags from the serverside.how can i change the meta tags on the server side can you help me with this?

Thank you,

Rahul Nirale