Expand my Community achievements bar.

Sharing content between two DAM's

Level 2

As an organization we have two separate AEM instances for managing two very different sites in two separate divisions. However we would like to be able to share assets from the DAM between the two instances. Are there any case studies/advise on such a setup, I would rather not replicate content between them as this feels like a waste of disk space but is there scope to stream images from one DAM while building a page, and if so how is this managed when the page is published but the streamed image is not etc etc? Do Adobe have a recommendation for such a setup as running a single instance is not possible due to very different sites implementation.

3 Replies

Administrator

I have asked internal expert to help you here.

~kautuk

Kautuk Sahni

Employee

Hi,

can you provide some more details?

• Are the two authoring instances in the same geographical region? if using AWS, same region, same DC
  • Should digital assets from Author A be read only in Author B?
  • Is there any requirement to be able to edit assets created in the other author instance?
  • You could use a shared datastore between the two instances if they were co-located
  • If an image is updated on author A and it is being used in author B, does the business expect the image to be updated on author B and the references updated and the cache invalidated etc?

Regards,

Opkar

Level 2

Hi,

• Are the two authoring instances in the same geographical region? if using AWS, same region, same DC

Yes

• Should digital assets from Author A be read only in Author B?

No it should be bi-directional

• Is there any requirement to be able to edit assets created in the other author instance?

No I think editing should only be possible on the source system

• You could use a shared datastore between the two instances if they were co-located

Would this allow us to have seperate customisations for things like sites on each instance and to just share assets?

• If an image is updated on author A and it is being used in author B, does the business expect the image to be updated on author B and the references updated and the cache invalidated etc?

Ideally yes, not critical as we could schedule an overnight cache clear for example