Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Setting default folder properties in the DAM?

Level 3

I need to configure our DAM such that from a certain folder down (all the children, children's children, children's children's children, etc.) are configured to with Smart Tagging enabled. Is there a way to do this in configuration or programmatically that I'm missing? It doesn't appear that properties cascade to children and I can't find a way to configure this to be possible.

3 Replies

Level 7

Hello Preston,

Ideally If you apply Enable smart tagging on parent folder, and then run DAM Smart Tag Asset workflow, then it adds smart tags to all sub folder assets.

Is this is what you are trying to do, or please let us know if your use case is different form this.

regards,

Ankur Ahlawat

Level 7

If you want to auto tag assets under a folder and its sub folders as soon as they are uploaded, then you have to create create one more custom Dam update asset and update the launcher to trigger it under specific path that you want.

Level 3

This is what we're trying to do. I don't believe in practice it works this way, though. It's looking like we have to manually set the smart tag setting on each sub folder.