Level 2

Tip /
Sign in

Sign in to Community

to gain points, level up, and earn exciting badges like the new
Bedrock Mission!

Learn more

Sign in to view all badges

Setting ClientContext for newsletter template.

trench999
Level 4
Level 4

We have followed the directions for creating a custom ClientContext and have attempted to apply the the new context in the design mode of the email newsletter template we created.  We included <cq:include path="clientcontext" resourceType="cq/personalization/components/clientcontext"/> in the template, but there is no way in the edit UI to open up the clientcontext design dialog and thus apply the right configuration.  In essence, we can't do step 2 in this tutorial: https://helpx.adobe.com/experience-manager/kb/turn-off-geolocation.html.  Can we simply set a property or can we get this UI element to work in newsletter?

0 Replies
kalyanar
Employee
Employee

Which version of AEM are you using?

trench999
Level 4
Level 4

I believe the way to do this in the JCR directly is to add a clientcontext node to the the jcr:content node of the template design (/etc/design/[path-to-template].  In that node we can specific the configuration path, etc.  I copied what I saw in a Geometrixx test with a web page.  

The question still remains though: can the clientcontext edit config be visible in the email editor?

trench999
Level 4
Level 4

kalyanar wrote...

Which version of AEM are you using?