Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

SCR Annotations not proper in AEM 6.3

Level 4

Hi,

We recently upgraded our code to AEM 6.3 and Java 1.8 compatible. After the deployment, we found that the configurations are not properly shown in configMgr, Ex: Process Description, Label, and names not displayed and instead displayed as com.xyz.field.name, com.xyz.field.description as given in the config. The configurations are also unbound with the bundles. We are using the following dependencies.

<dependency>

<groupId>org.apache.felix</groupId>

<artifactId>org.apache.felix.scr.annotations</artifactId>

<version>1.9.8</version>

<scope>provided</scope>

</dependency>

<plugin>

<groupId>org.apache.felix</groupId>

<artifactId>maven-scr-plugin</artifactId>

<version>1.25.0</version>

</plugin>

Please let me know if we need to migrate the SCR Annotations needed to migrated to OSGi Annotations or any help / suggestions related to this error will be helpful!

4 Replies

Level 10

You cannot really take 6 code and place it into AEM 6.3.

You need to build your AEM 6.3 projects with the proper dependencies and 6.3 UBER JAR - see this article -

Scott's Digital Community: Creating an Adobe Experience Manager 6.3 Project using Adobe Maven Archet...

Hope this helps....

Level 4

Hi Smac,

We are using the 6.3 Uber jar but not the Adobe Archetype. The annotation api is being resolved from the org.apache.felix.scr.annotations The dependency used is provided above. We also didn't find the dependency being resolved from any of the bundle in depfinder.

Employee Advisor

There is no hard requirement to adapt to the latest version of the tooling (which replaces felix scr specific annotations with official OSGI annotations).

Is the log indicating something useful when starting these bundles?

Jörg

Level 4

Hi Jörg,

I didn't find any errors in the log during startup related to scr.annotations.

Regards,

Ashwin Raju