Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session

SAML logout in AEM 6.2 (Author) is not working as expected

Level 3

Hello,

We are using AEM 6.2 SP1 CFP3 with SAML configured and in author while log out it's redirecting to /system/sling/logout.html to logout from AEM. However it's not redirecting to the URL configured in SAML Handler. Can someone please let me know if this is existing issue or if we have any solution for the same?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

GVK

3 Replies

Employee

Hi Gunalan,

This is not a known issue in AEM 6.2 SP1 CFP3.  However, if your SAML handler is configured with something other than "/" as the path then you must pass it as the resource parameter like this: /system/sling/logout.html?resource=<the path you configured in the SAML config handler>, for example /system/sling/logout.html?resource=/content/geometrixx.

Thanks,

Andrew Khoury

Level 3

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for the response.

So, We need to overlay the component to update the AEM logout URL with query parameters (resource param)?

Regards,

GVK

Level 3

Andrew,

I'm looking for this scenario in Author. Mostly authors will logout from dam or sites where the logout will be invoked by clicking on user (top right) icon.

In this case do we need to any customization by overlaying the components so that URL will be updated with resource query params?

Thanks,

GVK!