Expand my Community achievements bar.

RTE in touch UI dialogs and DAM editor- AEM 6.1

Former Community Member

Hi Experts,

We have RTE component in our project built on AEM 6.1 platform but that still uses xtypes -: rtePlugins and other things. We have made the RTE use inline editing as described in the documentation. So, you can drag and drop that component and start using inline editing in small screen or full screen. However, we would like to use the same RTE inside the Touch UI dialogs and DAM editor to edit the metadata of the images. Since, these fields are just touch UI compatible i.e. the sling:resourceType is granite/ui/components/foundation/form/textfield or granite/ui/components/foundation/form/textarea and our dialogs are only touch UI compatible, we don't support classic UI dialogs.

I have been throught the documentation though. Can anyone suggest how this can be achieved. I am confused as to how can i use xtypes of classic UI with sling:resourceType of touch UI.

Thanks for your help in advance.

1 Reply

Level 3

Hi,

We have a similar requirement to change default description field of touch ui DAM from textfield to richtext

@ /libs/dam/content/schemaeditors/forms/default/items/tabs/items/tab1/items/col1/items/description

Any pointers will be really helpful.

Thanks,

Radhika