Expand my Community achievements bar.

RTE Image plugin for AEM 6.2

Level 2

Hi everyone,

I am working on adding RTE component to AEM 6.2. I added all the plugins i needed along with Image plugin which is not supported in touch ui. I want to use the image plugin in classic UI and it works fine but in modern/touch ui version i am getting an option for image dropdown with values like No Alignment, Left Right and plugins.image.alignInherit .

My concern is regarding the option plugins.image.alignInherit in the dropdown for touch ui. Is there a way i can hide this option in touch ui ?

I have attached the screen shot of the page with the dropdown for reference.

Thanks

Santhosh

2 Replies

Administrator

I would suggest you to remove that plugin and try this :- http://experience-aem.blogspot.in/2015/09/aem-61-touch-ui-rich-text-editor-rte-browse-insert-image.h...

//Touch UI Rich Text Editor (RTE) Browse and Insert Image

I hope this would help you.

~kautuk

Kautuk Sahni

Level 2

Thanks Kautuk for the reply. I already tried that and was able to add it but ran into some issues so we decided that we will use the image plugin from classic UI instead of touch for now so i want to make it work without adding customization for image plugin. Everything is working fine but the only issue is with the value in the drop down not resolving to a value and displaying the label instead.

The label is defined in /libs/cq/gui/components/authoring/dialog/richtext/clientlibs/richtext/js/RTE.GraniteI18nProvider.js but its not picking it up. It looks like its using another js file //libs/cq/gui/components/authoring/editors/clientlibs/core/js/editors/RTE.UiTouchI18nProvider.js instead of the Granite one. 

Is there any other solution on how to fix this or my only option is to add the customized code to make it work in touch ui.

Thanks

Santhosh