Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session

Rights less than administrator even when user is added to administrators groups

Level 4

Hi,

We are having a situation where if a user is part of multiple groups of which one is the administrator group but still the permission is less than of administrator. Is this a bug?

Thanks,

Anil

3 Replies

Administrator

The admin user and administrator groups so not have equal rights. It is not a bug.

Please have a look at this documentation to help you understand this better:

Link:- https://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/aem/6-2/administer/security/security.html#Users%20and%20Groups%20in%2...

// Example:- Only admin is allowed to edit administrators group.

~kautuk

Kautuk Sahni

Level 4

kautuksahni wrote...

The admin user and administrator groups so not have equal rights. It is not a bug.

Please have a look at this documentation to help you understand this better:

Link:- https://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/aem/6-2/administer/security/security.html#Users%20and%20Groups%20in%2...

// Example:- Only admin is allowed to edit administrators group.

~kautuk

Thanks Kautuk,

The question is not between admin and a user who is part of administrator group.

To elaborate further, suppose we have a group called group1 which has less permission that administrator group. We then create a user "anil" and assign him to the group "administrator" so now anil enjoys all rights that adminstrator group has. Now we additionally assign anil to the group - "group1". The expectation would be that anil would continue to have same privilage as before but we found the privilege has decreased. To test this further, we again removed anil from "group1" and the permissions available before was restored.

It seems that adding user anil to group - group1 diminished his rights.

Any thoughts or comments?

Thanks.

Anil

Level 3

I've had this same issue as well (although we currently only have a sandbox environment).

I had to remove the user(s) from the groups, one by one, until their rights were restored, but that doesn't really solve the issue.