Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Restricting access to Workflow Models for specific groups in AEM 6.4

Level 2

Hi all,

I have a requirement to restrict access to all OOTB workflows for specific group in AEM 6.4.

Hence all the user of that group should only see Specific Workflow in "Start Workflow" List.

I tried doing it using  Useradmin but I cant see all OOTB workflows  under var/workflow/models node in useradmin but  I can see all the node in CRX.

Can anyone guide me on the same.

Thanks.

Kind Reagrds,

Farah

10 Replies

Employee Advisor

I quickly tried this on my side and workflows are read from the locations below:

/conf/global/settings/workflow/models

/var/workflow/models

So, you need to remove the access for workflow from both locations. It works fine on my side.

Level 2

I  tried the approach mentioned in this post but

Adding the system tag hides the workflow model for all users.

Is there a way to only hide the workflow models for certain groups or a user?

As mentioned in post I also  tried adding ACL on  the var/workflows/model node but I am not able to add ACL on individual model node.

Employee

You can use CRXDe to add a deny ACL to an individual OOTB workflow model:

1834311_pastedImage_0.png

Level 2

Yeah I am tring to do the same  but somehow in 6.4 whenever I am trying to add to individual node I am getting internal server error  on clicking on +.

Are you able to add when you click on +

Employee

Are you using the admin account to edit the permission? Or are you using a different user? If you are using a different user, which group does the user belong to?

Level 2

Yes I am using the admin account but still it doesnt work

Employee Advisor

Check if you have access to edit group permissions. Basically, you need to open the group in the useradmin console, go to permissions tab and allow/deny the access. Try logging in with "admin" user to perform these activities.

Screen Shot 2019-09-18 at 9.35.13 AM.png

Level 2

I am not able to see OOTB workflows under conf node.They are available under var/workflow/model. But in useradmin I cant see them .

Level 2

Instead of doing so , you can add your specific user group to workflow-administrators . This way the specific user group can handle all workflow related stuff.