Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Restrict available components across regional sites

Level 1

Am working on a project that has multiple regional sites, all sharing the same design and codebase. We want to restrict components being used across a category page template so that only region specific components can be added to the parasys on that page.

Is it possible to allow different components in the same template depending on the site or do I have to resort to creating a template per regional site?

Thank you.

3 Replies

Level 8

Did you use allowed parents or allowed children ?

Level 1

Hemant Arora wrote...

Thanks for your reply. Can you elaborate on your solution?

From the documentation allowed parents and children can be used to restrict templates but I would like to restrict components in a parasys based on the regional site the page belongs to.

Usually have restricted components in design mode but since the sites share a design all pages and the parasys will get the same component restriction across all sites. May be what am trying to do requires separate  templates for each regional site or a custom solution but wanted to check if there is anything OOTB.

Thanks. 

Level 2

Asif Maniar wrote...

Hemant Arora wrote...

Thanks for your reply. Can you elaborate on your solution?

From the documentation allowed parents and children can be used to restrict templates but I would like to restrict components in a parasys based on the regional site the page belongs to.

Usually have restricted components in design mode but since the sites share a design all pages and the parasys will get the same component restriction across all sites. May be what am trying to do requires separate  templates for each regional site or a custom solution but wanted to check if there is anything OOTB.

Thanks. 

Has there been any resolution to this question?