Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session
SOLVED

Repository size was not reducing even run GC

Level 2

I have run workflow purge, tar PM index merge,Tar PM, tar PM index merge,datastore GC. But still the repository size was not reduced. Can you please let me know how to reduced the repository size

Version: CQ5.6.1.

Thanks & Regards,

K Nutankumar

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 8

Almost all your storage in the data store (binary files) not tar files. Are you sure someone didn't upload some really large files to either the DAM or the Package Manager. If something is the repository is holding onto a reference to a binary file the data store garbage collection isn't going to remove it. I'd take a look at what's in your Package Manager and your DAM to see if you can find any large files. 

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Level 8

I didn't see TarPM optimization in your list? Are you sure the tar file optimization is running to completion? If it doesn't finish within it's schedule window it may not be catching everything. You can start Tar file optimization from the console and then it runs to completion. This may take many hours - I have seen repositories take 24 hours to completely optimize after large content loads. 

Level 2

Thanks for you reply.

TarPM optimization was successfully run. But still the repository size was not reduced. 

I have a doubt, If i run Re-indexing than repository size will be reduce or not.

Level 8

Have you considered that you optimized the repository size as much as it's going to be optimized? How large is the repository on disk - what's the size of the tar files and what's the size of the data store? Why do you think repository should be smaller?

Level 2

Last month when i have checked my repository size was 15 GB. Suddenly my repository size was increasing to 34 GB. For this reason i am trying to reduced the Repository size.

21G     repository
1.4G    tarJournal
2.2G    version
5.9G    workspaces

257M    data_00243.tar

Correct answer by
Level 8

Almost all your storage in the data store (binary files) not tar files. Are you sure someone didn't upload some really large files to either the DAM or the Package Manager. If something is the repository is holding onto a reference to a binary file the data store garbage collection isn't going to remove it. I'd take a look at what's in your Package Manager and your DAM to see if you can find any large files. 

Employee

Hi,

what activity has happened in your instance in the last month? Have you been uploading DAM assets? Uploading packages to your instance?

How old is the instance? Did you also run the audit purge?

Regards,

Opkar

Level 2

Hi All,

Thanks for your help. Now the size of my repository was reduced to 22 GB.