Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Replicate asset with ACL

Level 3

Hi All,

How one can replicate an asset with all ACL associated with it.

Thanks
LM

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 9

By design, it is no longer possible to replicate ACLs from the author instance to the publish instance as there are usually different access rights.

As of AEM 6.1, it is possible to use Sling Content Distribution to synchronize users and user groups.

While I'm aware of the description in the AEM Communities section, see User Synchronization, it is applicable for all users and user groups.

- JK

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 1

I have the same problem

Now, I`m waiting for someone to reply

Employee Advisor

Hi,

do you have the same ACL set on author and publish? What's then the reason for a publish instance?

kind regards,
Jörg

Correct answer by
Level 9

By design, it is no longer possible to replicate ACLs from the author instance to the publish instance as there are usually different access rights.

As of AEM 6.1, it is possible to use Sling Content Distribution to synchronize users and user groups.

While I'm aware of the description in the AEM Communities section, see User Synchronization, it is applicable for all users and user groups.

- JK

Employee

As JK said, this is not supported OOTB in AEM. A possible solution might be to write your own transport handler[1] in order to implement this. 

[1]http://docs.adobe.com/docs/kr/aem/6-0/develop/ref/javadoc/com/day/cq/replication/TransportHandler.ht...