Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Recently Viewed Section is Not User Specefic in AEM 6.2

Level 2

HI ,

The Recently Viewed Section present in the AEM 6.2  is device/machine specific and not user specific .

If User1 logs into the console and browse some pages those items are stored in the recent variable of the Recently Viewed Section.

However if second User2 logs in the same console you can observe the same set of products as viewed by User1 in the Recently Viewed Section.

I am not sure whether this is a bug or it was meant to be designed in this way .

According to me this section should be user specific and  can be used for Personalized view for every user who logs into console.

Any ideas/views how can we make it user specific .

7 Replies

Level 10

Can you please post a screenshot - that may help the community answer you.

Level 2

Hello Friends ,

As mentioned by Donald I am adding screenshots which explains my query .

The first Screenshot is from User Helenhicks .Helen logs into the site browses some product pages which reflects in her

recently viewed section .

Josh Miller logs in as second user to the same site but the Recently Viewed Section indicates the same set of items which Helen browsed.joshmiller_Recently.pngHelen_RecentlyviewedProducts.png

Level 7

Profile, cart and recently viewed are 3 different stores and are independent of each other. I dont think its a bug because it is normal for a user to browser products, add to cart and then login . before checking out. In that case, cart information should be there even though user changed from anonymous to something else

Level 2

Hi Vivek,

Thanks for your reply .

Ok.. I got it that it makes sense that people can add to cart/view some product pages before login .

However after login these entities should change according to the login user .

Moreover In my case I am even closing the browser and login again as User 2 still I am able to see the Recently Viewed Items of User1 .

Level 7

- Regarding second point that you mentioned, the information is stored in localStorage which is persisted and hence you see it after reopening the browser(not incognito).

- Regarding first point, I see a use case for both options - maintaining per user or per browser. Currently it seems user independent. But can always be customized to be the way you want it to be..

Level 2

Hi Vivek,

My use case requires the Recently Viewed Section to be user specific .

If you have the solution for the same ,I would be thankful if you can share it across .

Level 7

I dont have a solution ready that I can share. But you can create a store similar to recently viewed items. Just add one more property user to it that would have a JSON of recently viewed items for that user.