Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Question AEM install

Level 4

Good morning

New to AEm, and i'm playing around the install files for this software and i found 2 i think (from the LWS):

1. JBOss_all_win

2. QuickStart.jar

My first question is this: is JBOSS install used for JEE and Quickstart for OSGI?

If that's the case, that's fine, then i'm just curious, 2nd question is:

Which of the 2 is the one to install?

(I saw a quick checklist on that somewhere on the Adobe site, but since i'm new, i didn't really get perhaps what was said, so in layman's terms, what should i be asking myself when trying to choose between the 2?)

Thank you so much for the clarifications

Patrick

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Administrator

Recommend you to read Deploying and Maintaining

// While production instances are usually run on dedicated machines running an officially supported OS (see Technical Requirements), the Experience Manager server will actually run on any system that supports Java Standard Edition 8.

For purposes of familiarization and for developing on AEM it is quite common to use an instance installed on your local machine.

The AEM software package is available in two forms:

• cq-quickstart-6.3.0.jar: A standalone executable jar file that includes everything needed to get up and running.
  • cq-quickstart-6.3.0.war: A war file for deployment in a third-party application server.

For Standalone installation follow the steps mentioned here Deploying and Maintaining

For Application Server read  Application Server Install

Kautuk Sahni

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Administrator

Recommend you to read Deploying and Maintaining

// While production instances are usually run on dedicated machines running an officially supported OS (see Technical Requirements), the Experience Manager server will actually run on any system that supports Java Standard Edition 8.

For purposes of familiarization and for developing on AEM it is quite common to use an instance installed on your local machine.

The AEM software package is available in two forms:

• cq-quickstart-6.3.0.jar: A standalone executable jar file that includes everything needed to get up and running.
  • cq-quickstart-6.3.0.war: A war file for deployment in a third-party application server.

For Standalone installation follow the steps mentioned here Deploying and Maintaining

For Application Server read  Application Server Install

Kautuk Sahni

Level 4

thank you very much for the info, I will check this out