Expand my Community achievements bar.

[Q&A Thread] CREATE AND MANAGE MULTI-LINGUAL, MULTI-NATIONAL WEBSITES

Administrator

Sb1.png

DAY 5 CREATE AND MANAGE MULTI-LINGUAL, MULTI-NATIONAL WEBSITES

Learn the fundamentals of multi-site management and web content translation with tips on how to design a global website structure

This is Q&A a thread for this session.

Kautuk Sahni
2 Replies

Level 1

Using the We.Retail site as an example, in the language masters directory where you  have English, German, Italian, etc. Say if I were to update the homepage of the English Language Master page by adding a new component on the page. I understand that the live copies of this English Language Master page will automatically inherit the update through the Roll out Configs. However, if I wanted that same content update from the English Language Master page to automatically rollout to the other Language master homepages like Spanish, German, Italian, etc, how would I do that? Because those other language master sites are considered language copies and not live copies so they don't have the ability to automatically pick up the changes made on the English language master homepage. Is there a process that will update all the language copies with the new content update made on the English language master homepage without having to update all the language master homepages manually one by one?

Level 1

Another question in relations to language copies.

I understand when creating live copies that you can assign configurations like Standard Roll Out config, push on modify, activate on blueprint, and deactivate on blueprint. However, when creating language copies, they don't have those options. So if I were to activate/publish the English Language Master homepage, is there a process that will automatically trigger the other language master homepages to activate/publish as well? Or do I need to activate/publish out each language master homepage one by one.