Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Publish/unpublish history

Level 3

Hi

Is there any way of checking if a page was unpublished before it was published? I took a look to the restoring tools but I could not find a way of telling if a previous version of a page was actually published or not.

Regards,

Jose.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

That's a hard thing, and you probably need to start to process the audit log entries.

If you have this requirement, I would either put all activation into a workflow and add some information to a page node before/after it is activated. Or you can listen to replication agents and act accordingly. I am not sure if you can do that out of the box.

Jörg

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi Jose

I am not sure if I understood your question correctly. A page will create versions only when it is published . Any versions for the page you see would be a published version at any point of time.

Thanks

Veena

Level 4

As @Veena_07 said, any publication generates a new version of the content, besides you, can also manually generate more version of the content.

In term of restoring, you only have to pick the version that you need, and then publish the version selected otherwise the previous content will stay in publishing.

Level 3

@Veena_07 and @Diego_Fontan thanks for you replies.

This is not quite what I am looking for. Yes, when publishing a page AEM generates a version of it, but lets say I have 10 pages, 5 unpublished, 5 published. I make changes to all of them, and publish these 10 pages.

What I am looking for is to restore the previous state in which 5 of them were unpublished. But this info, which one were unpublish is unknown.

Does that help to understand my initial question?

Thanks.

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

That's a hard thing, and you probably need to start to process the audit log entries.

If you have this requirement, I would either put all activation into a workflow and add some information to a page node before/after it is activated. Or you can listen to replication agents and act accordingly. I am not sure if you can do that out of the box.

Jörg

Level 4

I recommend following some of the ideas suggested by Jörg Hoh for exception situation, otherwise, you should have to create something custom but it won't be easier.

Best Regards

Diego

Community Advisor

I totally agree with Jörg Hoh . As I said before unpublished page doesn't have any versions managed. For such requirement where to avoid unauthorized publish, we put in Workflows , where reviewers will review the content before final publish.