Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Product specific rendering of page

Level 4

Hi All,

We are trying to design an AEM front end based website.

Can the page while loading (based on some input parameter -- product code etc) dynamically load different template ?

For the same page --- lets say products details page. We need to render different page templates. Is there any pattern to achieve this in AEM ??

4 Replies

Community Advisor

My perspective this can be achieved as below

1. Create product type specific templates - eg. eBook, book etc

2. Add the the required components to the template(components may vary based on the type)

3. The components render the dynamic product data based on the product id passed in the URL

Regards

Albin I

Level 7

Hi,

you cannot make this choose by using a sightly inclusion based on the product code into the base template?

Thanks,

Antonio

Level 10

Look at the We Retail example site and notice how that site handles different products - each one is its own separate page - based on the same editable template. That is how to handle products when using AEM.

Level 10

See this - all product pages based on Hero Editable Template - this reflects best practice and the way you should constuct your AEM sites to handle different products. Not to try and dynamically change the template itself:

WeRe.png