Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Problems with Emulators in Layout Mode

Level 3

When trying to change viewports between the different devices, I receive the following error within the browser console and the viewport does not change:

error-emulators.PNG

http://localhost:4502/libs/granite/author/deviceemulator/clientlibs.ACSHASH6ffcc2cbff3bbbd0a5881e5de...

error-chrome.PNGerror-firefox.PNGerror-code.PNG

6 Replies

Level 10

Have you modified any code within AEM? What version are you using?

Level 3

No AEM code has been modified. The version I am using locally is 6.4.2.

For reference, this was a site that was developed using static templates, and was updated to then use editable templates. It was developed by a third-party, so I'm just trying to piece together some of these last loose ends and see if anything was missed during that process.

Thanks!

Level 10

Try to debug these 2 variables - matches and expressions.

var matches = query.trim().match(REGEX_MEDIA_QUERY),

expressions = ((matches[3] || '') + (matches[4] || '')).trim().match(/\([^\)]+\)/g),

Find out how your custom media query is parsed, split and consumed by this code. You would definitely get some pointers to proceed.

Level 10

If this error is not solved - I recommend opening a ticket - esp since no code was modified. This should not be occurring.

Level 3

I'm still looking into this issue, and have gone so far as to remove all of the applications client libraries and dependencies, and the issue still occurs.

Other searches brought me to the OSGi configuration com.day.cq.wcm.mobile.core.impl.MobileEmulatorProvider. Could I simply add the path to the page template in an existing configuration, or does a separate one need created for each application?

Level 4

I am facing the same issue. Can you tell me if you could fix the issue and what was the resolution? Thank you.