BedrockMission!

Learn more

Sign in to view all badges

Personalization in AEM 6.2

daniel_henriqu1
Level 4
Level 4

Hi, everyone.

For the past few days, I've been struggling to make Geometrixx Demo Site work with personalization using ContextHub in AEM 6.2.

I've probably missed some step along the way, but I couldn't figure out what...

I've

1. Installed AEM6.2 standalone from scratch (an author and a publish instance);
  2. Added 2 new ContextHub Segments: one that would match with the anonymous user and another one that would match with today (day 22);
  3. Created a Brand and an Activity, selecting ContextHub as Engine and creating Experiences from the new segments;
  4. Created a test page under /content/geometrixx/en/services/;
  5. Opened it for authoring;
  6. Moved to the Targeting mode to add a targeted text component with a different value for each one of my Experiences/Segments;
  7. Configured the targeted component to use ClientHub as Engine;
  8. Published everything: the activity, its segments, the site page...

Now, my problem:

When I test the page in the Targeting mode, simulating each Experience/Segment for that Activity, everything works as expected.

Unfortunately, as soon as a move to the Preview Mode or I access the same page on my publish instance, I can't see my targeted component, neither the default content or the segment specific content.

What am I missing?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Daniel.

2 Replies
daniel_henriqu1
Level 4
Level 4

Apparently, Geometrixx page components don't include ContextHub script by default.

I've extended a page component and added the correct script to it:

<%@page session="false"%><%@ include file="/libs/foundation/global.jsp" %> <cq:include script="/apps/geometrixx/components/page/headlibs.jsp" /> <sling:include path="contexthub" resourceType="granite/contexthub/components/contexthub" />

(headlibs.jsp of my extension)