Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Pass an object as a parameter to sling model/wcmusepojo from sightly(HTL)

Level 1

Hi,

I'm converting a JSP into sightly for a component. In that component they are setting an object as a request attribute to be used in another component. We cannot set request attributes in sightly right? So I'm trying to send this object as a parameter to a sling model/wcmusepojo to set the request attribute there but I think we can only pass string values as arguments to slingmodels/wcmusepojo right? Is there any example of passing an object as a parameter to slingmodel/wcmusepojo? 
Thanks!

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 5
7 Replies

Community Advisor

Hello @jaibalaji,

You can pass the parameters in Sightly (HTL) to your Java model using the Java Use-API: https://docs.adobe.com/content/help/en/experience-manager-htl/using/htl/use-api-java.html#passing-pa...

Also, if applicable, you can use the Java Global objects like 'request': https://docs.adobe.com/content/help/en/experience-manager-htl/using/htl/global-objects.html#java-bac...

Jineet

Community Advisor

You can not set request attribute from sightly but you can get it.

And also you can not pass a pure java object except String and some other like that so if you need any backend operation like setting request object you need to do it java only before it comes to the sightly.

if you still need to pass the parameter, you can do ti like that:

Sightly:

<sly data-sly-use.someObject="${'com.demo.core.models.DemoModel' @propertyOne='PropertyOne', propertyTwo='PropertyTwo'}>

Sling Model:

@Model(adaptables = { SlingHttpServletRequest.class })

public class DemoModel {

@Inject

private String propertyOne;

@Inject

private String propertyTwo;

//getter and setter

}

WCMUsePojo:

public class DemoUse extends WCMUsePojo {

@Override

public void activate() throws Exception {

String propertyOne = get("propertyOne", String.class);

String propertyTwo = get("propertyTwo", String.class);

}

}

NOTE: update the name of the wcmusepojo accordingly.

this will help.

Regards

Umesh Thakur

Level 1
Thanks but can I pass a java object as well instead of string and do this -> get("propertyOne", JavaClassName.class); to get the object?

Level 1
Thanks but the problem is not getting the request object but passing an object as an argument to sling model/wcmusepojo

Correct answer by
Level 5

check out this similar query posted in the community that should help your problem.

https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-experience-manager/how-to-pass-parameters-to-...