Expand my Community achievements bar.

Overlay of siteadmin causes the edit dialog of the page template not to be loaded

Level 1

Hi guys,

I am working on AEM 6.1 SP2.

I had a requirement to add a new column in AEM Web console Classic UI. After adding it, I experience the following behavior:

when right-click on the page list, the property dialog that is called is the default one provided by AEM. However, if I don't have the overlay, the property dialog is the custom dialog that is under the page template with additional tabs and custom data.

I was debugging it and looks like when the custom dialog is called, the json object that calls the CQ.wcm.SiteAdmin.openPropertiesDialog is different in structure to the one when the default AEM dialog is called. More specific, both objects have the following level 1 properties: data, id and json. The issue is caused by the fact that for default AEM dialog, data property has a json object which contains 'designPath' value, but when this is called from an overlay this property is missing.

The question is:

Any idea why this property is missing? How can I fix that? Is it something to do with my ListInfoProvider ?

Sorry I can't provide screenshots due to data privacy.

Thank you in advance,

Diana

1 Reply

Level 10

Custom solutions like this are hard for the community to answer without further code details. If you can show more code and explanation - the community may have suggestions.