Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

OSGI configuration to configure endpoints

Level 3

Hi all,

i'm working on task to configure a endpoint OSGI service where the user can configure the URL. I have a basic idea how this should be done, but i'm wondering are there any best practice? If you have any example will be nice to see another aproach.

Regards

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I would really love to give you my viewpoints when working with OSGI configurations

In many projects I have taken over from other teams or vendors , one big issue I have always faced is the configs. When you are working with OSGI configs please make sure you handle them by creating config nodes. To ease my job of explaining everything I have dig out some blogs from internet . Please read the below

https://blog.kristianwright.com/2013/08/21/aem-best-practice-osgi-configurations/  - This is my main point. Never make Cofig chnages directly in felix console. You are going to have a hard life with that .

Scott's Digital Community: Reading AEM OSGi Configuration Values

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi Shery

I am bit confused Could you please shed little light on

I would like to understand this requirement before even suggesting any idea

Thanks

Veena

Level 10

Are you talking about how to configure values that an OSGi service can read - if so - see: Scott's Digital Community: Reading AEM OSGi Configuration Values

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I would really love to give you my viewpoints when working with OSGI configurations

In many projects I have taken over from other teams or vendors , one big issue I have always faced is the configs. When you are working with OSGI configs please make sure you handle them by creating config nodes. To ease my job of explaining everything I have dig out some blogs from internet . Please read the below

https://blog.kristianwright.com/2013/08/21/aem-best-practice-osgi-configurations/  - This is my main point. Never make Cofig chnages directly in felix console. You are going to have a hard life with that .

Scott's Digital Community: Reading AEM OSGi Configuration Values

Level 3

The basic idea is to have a osgi service endpoint from which i retrive a json and then this json file fill load some data in my component dynamically, but sometimes the url for the external API will be changed. I have to add possibility to configure the url and maybe to be configurable with run modes somehow .